Job Opportunity – Infrastructure Specialist
Aldom Consulting is an IT service and support company that has been serving Vancouver area clients for 10+ years. We are growing our team, and looking for motivated and talented people to grow with us. Being a small company, our employees are more than just technical resources; they are like family. If you are looking to be part of a small, dynamic team with huge career growth opportunities, this may be the place for you.
Who we’re looking for
We are currently seeking an Infrastructure Specialist to join our Infrastructure Services team located in Vancouver, BC.
The right candidate will be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and work well with both colleagues and clients.
The Infrastructure Specialist will apply their skills to support our clients with the following needs:
- Support, install, and improve existing systems and services
- Design and architect IT solutions
- Research new technologies and methodologies
- Develop and document specifications, research vendors and solutions for comparison, and estimate initial and recurring costs associated with these solutions
- Act as an escalation point for other more junior members of the team and client IT support staff
- Own and manage multiple incidents and projects
- Work with 3rd party service providers to address outages and service disruptions
- Respond to business critical emergencies both during and after business hours
- Determine action plans to address issues, communicating proactively with service users and stakeholders
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in a Windows environment, with experience in designing, implementing, and supporting IT systems. Additionally, you must have experience with:
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Server Virtualization using either VMware vSphere and/or Microsoft Hyper-V
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Scripting tools (PowerShell, VBScript, Transact-SQL)
- TCP/IP networking
It will be an asset if you have any of the following skills or experience:
- Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp
- Microsoft certifications and/or MCSE
- Database design and/or administration
- Storage Area Networking
Things can change quite quickly with the types of projects that we are managing, so you’ll need to be flexible, adaptable, and able to learn new skills quickly. Most importantly we are seeking someone with practical experience, strong written and verbal communication skills, and excellent problem solving abilities. If you have a strong work ethic, and you are ready for an exciting new challenge, consider joining the team at Aldom Consulting for your next career move – apply today!
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject of “Infrastructure Specialist”. We appreciate all submissions, but due to high volume, only those shortlisted for personal interviews will be contacted.